Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Choose Your Charity? The SAGE Scholars Program

My name is Scott Izu. I graduated from the UC Berkeley SAGE Scholars Program in 2003, went on to complete my PhD in Harmonic Analysis in 2009 and now work in the financial services industry. Since graduation, I have always loved giving back to SAGE whether through time or money.

My personal commitment is to give back what they have given to me and so much more. However, I truly believe that I will not be able to ever give back what was given to me. The experiences and lessons I learned in the program were invaluable. I still get a smile on my face, when I see a facebook update from an old friend or remember some of the experiences I had in the program. You may remember how difficult it was to struggle through school and remember wishing that someone, anyone would give you a chance to prove yourself. You may also remember that the SAGE program was there for you when you needed it. Every donation helps and with the support of many, we can make an impact.

Working in the financial services industry I have been able to hear many different stories. One thing I am certain of is that people either make a priority of Savings and Charity or they make excuses. I urge you to make a priority, whether you are a new graduate or longtime supporter. Doing so will enrich your own life and help to enrich the lives of others.

Now is your chance to give back. You have gone from being a student with needs to now working in a career. The SAGE Scholars have little or no problems in this economy because we have been prepped with the skills necessary for success. If you find yourself with an abundance and thankful for the things around you, please find it in your heart to give back to the SAGE Scholars Program. Our future depends on it.

Dedicated to Marjorie Weingrow.

Support My Mission

1. You can support my mission by donating via my e-mail address (scottizu@gmail.com) and PayPal.

2. You can support the mission of SAGE by donating at http://sagescholars.berkeley.edu/. The UC Berkeley SAGE (Student Achievement Guided by Experience) is a self-funded experiential leadership program that provides education, professional development, mentoring and internships to UC Berkeley students who come from poverty and low income backgrounds.

3. You may also contact me for a free 1-hour consultation to discuss how I can help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment